Advanced Clinical Massage
I combine and apply techniques such as advanced massage;
soft tissue techniques including trigger points,sports massage,
myofascial release, and stretching to reduce pain and injury.
I aim to see a result in 1-6 sessions but normally there is a marked change by sessions 3/4.
My clinic is a safe place to come and experience massage and bodywork at an advanced level and you don't have to be in pain to enjoy my work!
But if you are in pain I clients came to me suffering from -
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Frozen shoulder
- Anxiety and depression
- Migraines and headaches
- Sleep issues
- Digestive issues
Call Jemma now to see how she can help you, 07752623234.
Aromatherapy massage is a gentle and very relaxing treatment.
I use Neal's Yard essential oils to treat both your mind and body.
Working mainly on the nervous system, it both relaxes and stimulates.
Modern lifestyles, stress, pollution, hectic schedules, busy but sedentary
lifestyles are-all factors that can have adverse effects on our bodies and minds.
A regular relaxing Aromatherapy treatment can help to:
- Boost and recharge your batteries
- Ease the tension form tight muscles
- Calm digestive issues
- Eliminate toxins
- Soothe the body
- Ease mental stress
- Create a more balanced mind and body
- Boost your tired immune system
I use acupuncture alongside my massage treatments to help release
the tension in your muscles as well as the blockages in your meridians.
As a natural form of healing, Acupuncture can have the
- Provides drug free pain relief.
- Effectively treats a wide range of acute and chronic ailments
- Reduces headaches, migraines and difficulty in sleeping.
- Prevents/helps cardiovascular disorders, inc- high/low blood pressure.
- fluid retention, poor circulation, cold hands and feet and muscle cramps.
- Improves respiratory conditions, inc- bronchial asthma, acute and chronic bronchitis, sinusitis, hay fever and colds.
- Helps digestive disorders.
- Relieves skin conditions, including-eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis.
- Improves depression
Does it hurt? Everyone feels pain at different levels and many pain sensations.
For most clients, the insertion of the needles is an anti-climax. The needles are
much smaller than those used for injections, but occasionally it can hurt.
Some points are very sensitive, but normally this feeling goes away very quickly.
The idea of hanging upside- down as a remedy for back ache has been around since Roman times.
Like the cushions on a sofa, the discs separating our vertebrae become
flattened and misshapen over time, from the relentless downward
pressure of gravity.
Whilst our bodies strive to repair the damage overnight, lying in bed
only alleviates 75% of the strain on our backs,-as attested by the fact
that we shrink with age.
Also did you know that you can lose up to 2cm in height daily from
the effects of gravity, regaining some when asleep.
Nerves which have been pinched by flattened or distorted discs are
once again given room to "breathe".
- Relieves back pain-relaxes muscles, re-hydrates discs,
- realigns and reduces pressure.
- Eases stress- releases tension in shoulders, neck and back
- Improves joint health- decompresses, strengthens and
- enhances shock absorption
- Increases flexibility- improving functional fitness.
Massage therapy during pregnancy is a wonderful complementary choice.
After the 1st Trimester massage helps to:
- Reduce stress and promote overall wellness.
- Relieves backaches, stiff neck
- Reduce leg cramps,
- Reduce headaches
- Reduce oedema (or swelling)
- Reduces stress on weight-bearing joints.
- Encourages blood and lymph circulation.
- Helps to relax nervous tension
- Aids in better sleep
- Relieves depression or anxiety, caused by hormonal changes.
Reflexology - Foot massage
Reflexology is not simply a ‘foot rub’.
It is a safe, non-intrusive and very effective natural healing art.
Based on the principal that there are reflexes in the feet that relate
to all of the organs and systems of the body.
These reflexes are like 'pressure' points, and stimulating them,
with various techniques, helps to increase the flow of energy to
corresponding areas of the body.
Occasionally hard little 'beads of crystals' can be felt in the feet,
these are believed to be deposits of toxins that have settled in the feet.
By breaking up the deposits, it helps to detox and cleanse the body..
Conditions that may benefit from Reflexology include :
- Sleep issues
- Hormonal issues
- Digestive issues
- Respiratory problems
Warm Bamboo Massage
Warm Bamboo Massage is a unique therapy that relaxes tight muscles
that uses heated bamboo sticks to gently 'iron' out your tight muscles.
Warm Bamboo can help to :
- Melt away stubborn knots and tension
- Increase joint and muscle flexibility
- Improve sports performance and endurance
- Increase energy and vitality
- Soothe away stress
- Improve overall health and well-being
- Renew your body and calm your mind