Advanced Clinical Massage
With Advanced Clinical Massage, I combine and apply techniques such as advanced massage; soft tissue techniques including trigger points,sports massage, myofascial release, and stretching to reduce pain and injury.
I aim to see a result in 1-6 sessions but normally there is a marked change by sessions 3/4.
My clinic is a safe place to come and experience massage and bodywork at an advanced level and you don't have to be in pain to enjoy my work!
But if you are in pain I clients came to me suffering from - Back pain Neck pain Frozen shoulder Anxiety Migraines Depression Sleep issues Hormonal issues Digestive issues Respiratory issues
Call Jemma now to see how she can help you, 07752623234.
Aromatherapy massage is a gentle and very relaxing treatment. I use Neal's Yard essential oils to treat both your mind and body. Working mainly on the nervous system, it both relaxes and stimulates.
Modern lifestyles, stress, pollution, hectic schedules, busy but sedentary lifestyles are-all factors that can have adverse effects on our bodies and minds.
A regular relaxing Aromatherapy treatment can help to:
- Boost and recharge your batteries
- Ease the tension form tight muscles
- Calm digestive issues
- Eliminate toxins
- Soothe the body
- Ease mental stress
- Create a more balanced mind and body
- Boost your tired immune system
I mainly use acupuncture alongside my massage treatments to help release the tension in your muscles as well as the blockages in your meridians.
As a natural form of healing, Acupuncture can have the following benefits:
- Provides drug free pain relief.
- Effectively treats a wide range of acute and chronic ailments
- Treats the underlying cause of disease and illness as well as the symptoms
- Takes a holistic approach to treatment of illnesses; links the body, mind and emotions
- Reduces neurological conditions- including headaches, migraines and, difficulty in sleeping.
- Prevents/helps cardiovascular disorders, including- high/low blood pressure, fluid retention, poor circulation, cold hands and feet and muscle cramps.
- Improves respiratory conditions, including - bronchial asthma, acute and chronic bronchitis, sinusitis, hay fever and colds.
- Helps digestive disorders, as well as diarrhoea, constipation and weight control.
- Reduces gynaecological disorders,-including premenstrual tension, painful heavy or irregular periods, hormonal disturbances and disorders associated with menopause and prolapse.
- Relieves skin conditions, including-eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis.
- Improves psychological conditions, including depression, anxiety, nervousness and addictions, such as smoking.
Does it hurt? Everyone feels pain at different levels and many pain sensations. For most clients, the insertion of the needles is an anti-climax. The needles are much smaller than those used for injections, but occasionally it can hurt. Some points are very sensitive, but normally this feeling goes away very quickly.
The idea of hanging upside- down as a remedy for back ache has been around since Roman times. The simple logic is to use gravity to repair the damage that gravity itself has caused.
Like the cushions on a sofa, the discs separating our vertebrae become flattened and misshapen over time, from the relentless downward pressure of gravity. Whilst our bodies strive to repair the damage overnight, lying in bed only alleviates 75% of the strain on our backs,-as attested by the fact that we shrink with age.
Also did you know that you can lose up to 2cm in height daily from the effects of gravity, regaining some when asleep.
Nerves which have been pinched by flattened or distorted discs are once again given room to "breathe". As the muscles and ligaments which hold your back in position let go and relax, your spine has little choice but to rediscover its natural shape.
- Relieves back pain-relaxes muscles, rehydrates discs, realigns and reduces pressure.
- Eases stress- releases tension in shoulders, neck and back
- Improves joint health- decompresses, strengthens and enhances shock absorption
- Increases flexibility- improves functional fitness for an active, healthy lifestyle.
Massage therapy during pregnancy is a wonderful complementary choice for prenatal care. It is a healthy way to reduce stress and promote overall wellness. Massage relieves many of the normal discomforts experienced during pregnancy, such as backaches, stiff neck, leg cramps, headaches and oedema (or swelling).
In addition, after the first trimester, massage for pregnant women reduces stress on weight-bearing joints; encourages blood and lymph circulation; helps to relax nervous tension, which aids in better sleep and helps relieve depression or anxiety, caused by hormonal changes.
While a massage can't promise that your new-born will sleep through the night, it can provide you with a better night's sleep both during pregnancy and afterwards. Regular massage therapy not only helps diminish anxiety and discomfort, but boosts relaxation as well. This ultimately can lead to improved sleep patterns.
Reflexology - Foot massage
Reflexology is not simply a ‘foot rub’. It is a safe, non-intrusive and very effective natural healing art, based on the principal that there are reflexes in the head, hands, ears as well as the feet that relate to all of the organs and systems of the body.
These reflexes are like 'pressure' points, and stimulating them, with various techniques, helps to increase the flow of energy to corresponding areas of the body.
Occasionally hard little 'beads of crystals' can be felt in the feet, these are believed to be deposits of toxins that have settled in the feet. By working these areas, I break up the deposits, helping to detox and cleanse the body..
Conditions that may benefit from Reflexology include :
- Sleep issues
- Hormonal issues
- Digestive issues
- Respiratory problems
Warm Bamboo Massage
Warm Bamboo Massage is a unique therapy that relaxes tight muscles. It's an effective way to release stress and tension, relieve aches and pains, loosen tight muscles and improve sports performance.
Whether your tight muscles are caused by stress, exercise, injury or simply sitting at the computer all day, a Warm Bamboo Massage can help to melt away even your most stubborn knots and tension. It is like being gently but firmly 'ironed' with warm, smooth bamboo.
Warm Bamboo can help to :
* Melt away stubborn knots and tension * Increase joint and muscle flexibility
* Improve sports performance and endurance * Increase energy and vitality
* Soothe away stress * Improve overall health and well-being * Renew your body and calm your mind